If you believe in the value of our water and need to protect it, support this simple and specific Declaration of Principles for Wisconsin's Water.
- Every single person in Wisconsin requires and deserves safe, clean drinking water.
- Wisconsin's water belongs to everyone. There should be no conflict between business needs and public needs.
- With diverse landscapes and natural resources, local governments and constituents must have a role in creating and implementing policies to protect the unique waters in their jurisdictions appropriately.
- Clean and plentiful water that supports a healthy habitat for fisheries, wildlife, residents and visitors is essential for a strong tourism industry and a vital economy in Wisconsin.
If you agree, add your name below. Your voice counts and your name counts. Tell your elected officials NOW.
I support this Declaration of Principles for Water in Wisconsin!
If you would like to stay informed about water issues in Wisconsin and continue to take action to protect your water, there are a several things you can do.
- Personally tell your elected officials and candidates from town to state level that protecting your water matters to you. They need to know about your concerns. Go to their public events, call them up, send them an email, or mail them a letter. If you don't know who your state legislators are, you can find your legislator on this website - www.legis.wisconsin.gov.
- Join, follow, or learn more about the many conservation groups around the state that are already working to protect our waters. Click on the social media links above to connect!
- Tell us your Wisconsin water story. Why do you love your lake, river or wetland? How has your water been harmed or threatened? Share your story with us on Facebook or Twitter and include the hashtag #itsyourwaterwisconsin
1,000 Friends of Wisconsin
Bad River Watershed Association
Central Wisconsin Nature Foundation
Clean Water Action Council of Northeast Wisconsin
Crawford Stewardship Project
Door County Brewing Co.
Farms Not Factories
Fontana Sports Specialties
Friends of Hackmatack National Wildlife Refuge
Friends of Badfish Creek Watershed
Friends of Lake Mohawksin, Inc.
Friends of the Central Sands
Friends of the Kinni
Friends of the Little Plover River
Horsehead Lake P&R District #1
Lac Courte Oreilles Lake Association
Lakeshore Natural Resource Partnership
Lake Winnetka/Sugar River Improvement Association Inc.
Lower Sugar River Watershed Association
Midwest Environmental Advocates
Petenwell and Castle Rock Stewards
Plum Lake Association
Protect Wood County & Its Neighbors
Rock River Coalition
Sierra Club - John Muir Chapter
Sustain Rural Wisconsin NetworkTainter Menomin Lake Improvement Association Upper Sugar River Watershed AssociationValley Stewardship NetworkVilas County Lakes & Rivers AssociationWaukesha County Environmental Action League
Wild Rivers Trout Unlimited
Wisconsin Canoe Company
Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters
Wisconsin Shoreland Initiative
Wisconsin Trout Unlimited
Wisconsin Wildlife Federation
Words for Water